This is the Windows app named Text To Screen whose latest release can be downloaded as TextToScreen_1.10_setup.exe. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Text To Screen with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
Text To Screen
TextToScreen is used to display song lyrics or recital scripts on an external monitor or projector. It has a built in text manager and editor, so it is fully contained. It was initially created for use by church choruses.
One of the major features of this program is its WYSIWYG interface. You can see how the output will look like before sending it to the external display.
You can import texts from external sources or write it inside of TTS. You can easily fix mistakes or add verses while displaying the text without any problems. All of the texts are stored as plain .txt files inside of a .zip archive, no proprietary formats!
- Display texts on a remote display or in a window
- WYSIWYG interface
- Full edit tools for the archive and individual texts
- Texts are held as txt files inside of a zip archive
- Texts are split into verses and can be edited "on the go"
- Fully portable, settings are saved to a single file
Education, Religion, End Users/Desktop
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/text-to-screen/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.