This is the Linux app named New Terrain and 3D Map System to run in Linux online whose latest release can be downloaded as terrain_system_release2_smartss3_MULTITHREAD_SMALLFILES.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named New Terrain and 3D Map System to run in Linux online with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
New Terrain and 3D Map System to run in Linux online
DESCRIPTIONA very lightweight advanced terrain-rendering and 3D map rendering system. Minimal dependencies: OpenGL, SDL.
It's distrib in 2-3 separate modules:
1. the C++ implementation of the terrain- and/or surface- rendering Algorithms I have developed: both a multithread and a non-multithread variant is relaeased.
2. Seme as at point 1. , but with a road-network rendering and collision-detection module I wrote before. It also adds some trees at the top of the terrain. (multitread vesion not released yet)
3. Seme as point 2.. Multithread terrain-rendering, roads on it, and vehicles to go around.
The most important part is terrain-rendering. The Algorithm at the heart of it features my first and second theorem abut polygonal surface approximation. It took something like 2 years to develop it. It's technically a view-dependent, continuous dynamic level-of-detail rendering algorithm. Main features are simplicity and documentation.
Does easily a 4k x 4k terrain, but also much more.
- Please browse the "Files" tab to see the packages. Choose the one You prefer.
- Terrain Rendering module alone: multithreaded (faster on multicore computers) and non-multithreaded (simpler sourcecode but slower on multicore computers) versions provided separately. Use the desired one!
- composite module alone: 3D map system set on the terrain. Multithread and non-multithread variant provided separately.
- composite module featuring 3D map on terrain, with vehicles to go around freely. Uses the multithreaded terrain-module. Don't think this makes a full-featured GTA -like game, but it would be a good starting point for such a program or similar.
- Very short compilation time: 10-15 secs on a cheap modern computer.
- Very short sourcecode ; no dependencies - only OpenGL/Mesa and SDL library is needed ; along with the Standard C++ library of corurse.
- info and documentation under fast enhancement.
- There's also a simplified variant of the Terrain Rendering module alone: multithreaded or not, can be adjusted in the sourcecode, according to documentation (it's on the homepage). It relies on my 4-th theorem on polygonal surface approximation instead of the 1st one.
- From a theoretical point of view, the most important flavour is the "random simplified terrain system": see documentation for detailes. It doesn't even need an external heightmap, so it's downaload-time is very short since it amounts to around 2 MB.
- Version 2 of the New Terrain System is now relased: it is considerably faster. Essentially, it is a "fusion" of the new terrain system algorithm and the simplified terrain system algorithm. It relies both on my theorems 1 and 4 on polygonal surface-approximation. It achieves greater speed by not removig detailes which anyway would be then re-added to make adiacent areas fit togather according to theorem 1. The check is done according to theorem 4. Basicly, it is faster bacause it does not remove detailes which would trigger the condition for theorem 1 to require to add againthe seme detail to make the adiacent areas fit togather. Clearly theorem 3 is used as well, as in all variants.
Science/Research, Education, Developers, End Users/Desktop, Engineering
OpenGL, Project is a 3D engine, SDL
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/newterrainand3dmapsystem/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.