This is the Windows app named Hangfire whose latest release can be downloaded as 1.7.32.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Hangfire with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
An easy way to perform background processing in .NET and .NET Core applications. No Windows Service or separate process required. Backed by persistent storage. Open and free for commercial use. Easy to set up, easy to use. No Windows Service, no Windows Scheduler, no separate applications required. Background jobs are regular static or instance .NET methods with regular arguments, no base class or interface implementation required. Once a background job was created without any exception, Hangfire takes the responsibility to process it with the at least once semantics. Although the default installation uses SQL Server and polling technique to fetch jobs, you can leverage MSMQ or Redis extensions to reduce the processing latency to minimum. Background method calls and their arguments are serialized and may overcome the process boundaries. Job filters allow you to add custom features to the background processing in a way similar to ASP.NET MVC action filters.
- Fire-and-forget jobs are executed only once and almost immediately after creation
- Delayed jobs are executed only once too, but not immediately, after a certain time interval
- Recurring jobs fire many times on the specified CRON schedule
- Continuations are executed when its parent job has been finished
- Batch is a group of background jobs that is created atomically and considered as a single entity
- Batch continuation is fired when all background jobs in a parent batch finished
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/hangfire.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.