This is the Windows app named Japanese Dictionary whose latest release can be downloaded as install.jar. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Japanese Dictionary with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
The Japanese to English Dictionary is written in java, and so will require that you have the JRE installed prior to its installation & use. It is a hobbyist project of mine intended to address my admittedly narrow needs, and so will fall short of yours. If you have any suggestions for improvements, please let me know!
This open source application would not be possible without the Japanese-English dictionary and kanji files assembled by Jim Breen; it would also have taken a great deal more effort without the BaseX API and the izPack installer.
Currently only works for Windows, and is not yet fully tested. If you encounter problems, please report them.
- Search on romaji, katakana, hiragana, and/or kanji terms
- Open & search all terms contained in a plain text file (whitespace or line delimited)
- Save results to an HTML or XML file
- Rudimentary dictionary browse functionality
- Look up individual kanji characters contained in search results
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/j2edic/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.