This is the Windows app named OptiKey whose latest release can be downloaded as v3.0.3.tar.gz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named OptiKey with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
DESCRIPTIONOptiKey is an assistive on-screen keyboard designed to bring keyboard control, mouse control and speech to people with motor and speech limitations. Completely free, open source and compatible with low cost eye-tracking devices, it is a great alternative to often expensive and complicated AAC (alternative and augmentative communication) products. It can also be used as an alternative to a physical keyboard or mouse.
OptiKey runs on Windows and works right out of the box once an eye-tracking device is installed. Without an eye-tracking device however it can still be used with a mouse or webcam.
- Allows selections via dwell selection, physical buttons and assistive devices
- Can be used with eye-tracking device, mouse or webcam
- Can be used as alternative to physical keyboard or mouse
- Automatically inserts spaces between words and capitalises letters to increase typing rate
- Types whole words and phrases in a single selection by "swiping" or "auto-complete"
- 'Speak' key converts everything typed into speech
- Can be used to type into any application
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/optikey.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.